On the way back from Tad's house (Albuquerque, NM) last weekend we passed through the town of Hatch, NM. Since that is the chili capitol of the world....great Mexican chili anyway...I thought that I would stop and see if I could find some place to get some seeds to plant in the garden. I stopped at "Gilly's Chili" or better know as the Hatch Valley Chile Company. Gilly was super helpful and made sure I left with an ample supply of Sandia Medium, Sandia Hot, and AZ88 chili seeds. I'm looking forward to getting some of those seeds in the ground. If you have never had a Mexican dish prepared with Hatch chili you have been missing something special. So if you ever make your way to Hatch, NM please spend a few minutes at my "new friend's" store and buy some chili. Gilly is a super guy and will help you any way he can.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment